UFO Voice

Friday, July 22, 2005

Welcome To UFO Voice

Over the years many people have encouraged me to write my ufological thoughts so others could share in them. I don't know why but they seem to think I have something of value to say so maybe by the time I finish saying it all I will too.

I've read a lot of UFO information but never found anyone voicing my own thoughts so i've felt like an outsider even within the UFO community, which is now where I call home. Yep, it's where I now comfortably dwell, live, think and climb all over the UFO subject, even if it is on it's outskirts. I'm hoping that by writing my thoughts, even if no one reads them, I can learn even more about the subject and gain insights I don't yet have.

Why write my thoughts via a blog? I enjoy blogs because I love people. I like the fact that blogs are not mediated, are interactive and it's a whole lot of fun just letting your mind hang out. They also provide people with a platform for skeptical analysis, critical commentary and alternative perspectives, all badly needed requirements in the UFO community today. I also enjoy blogs because whatever community is reading them can act as their editors. If someone gets something wrong the public can say so...and we all like that.

Another reason I chose a blog is because they're an amateur media that is often full of raw emotion, something that is lacking in our external world today. We've ended up living with an arms length attitude to just about everything, none moreso than the UFO issue.

It looks like blogs are here to stay too because they're catching on fast and in the long run I think they will add an invaluable dimension to Ufology. So welcome to the blogosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home